[You can also read our review of the full O8N2 bundle]
If you’re looking for the ultimate mastering suite, then Ozone 8 Advanced is the plugin you need to cover all bases and then some. This massive update adds more tools and capabilities that allow anyone to create a commercial-ready master. And of course, it’s very helpful during the mixing process as well.
So What’s New?
Now you are able to choose your favorite songs and Ozone will create a master that is dynamically and sonically similar in just a matter of seconds. If you’re not happy with Ozone’s work, then you can tweak the parameters to your liking. Moreover, Ozone can analyze your song and create a starting point for the mastering process depending on which setting you use – CD, Streaming, or Reference. When I processed my mixes, the results were astonishing. I definitely see this being useful, especially when you’re like me and you have to quickly master songs for television and video games.
Another major change is the UI. Ozone features a new, slick UI that is very intuitive and user friendly. I have been using Ozone since version 4, so this update is very refreshing for users like me. If you’re thinking about picking up Ozone for the first time, you’ll find that it just feels… right!*
Perfect for Professional Mastering and Mixing Engineers, Ozone 8 Advanced includes:
- Dial in the perfect tonal balance with the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in, which can access any instance of Ozone across all your tracks
- Communicate with Neutron 2 Advanced (sold separately) using the Tonal Balance Control plug-in for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow
- Tame problematic and harsh frequencies with the new Spectral Shaper module
- Quickly A/B track references right from any instance of Ozone or in its standalone application
- Twelve essential modern and vintage modules with component plug-ins: Spectral Shaper, EQ, Dynamic EQ, Post EQ, Maximizer (with IRC IV and new IRC Low Latency mode, Imager, Exciter, Dynamics, Vintage Limiter, Vintage Tape, Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor
- Create a custom preset with Master Assistant and get your audio to an optimal starting point
- Have deeper control in Ozone’s Maximizer with new low latency IRC mode, Transient/Sustain Stereo Independence, and Learn Threshold.
- Apply any saturation mode (Warm, Retro, Tape, Tube, Triode or Dual Triode) to any individual frequency band in the Exciter.
- Use Ozone Advanced within your preferred host as a single plug-in, as individual component plug-ins, or work within the Ozone standalone application
- Redesigned user interface for an even better mastering experience
*in my opinion